Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures fixed to the gums by mini dental implants. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilization of it with mini implants can be a more comfortable and functional solution. Mini implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone, similar to full-size dental implants. Attachments are placed on the underside of the denture that connects to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure. This is a great option for those who feel like their adhesive dentures are not secure enough.
What are the benefits of dentures supported by mini implants?
- People who opt for implant-supported dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You’ll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant dentures are far more comfortable because they are secure and feel like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and canker sores.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures because less plastic is needed for retention. Wearing denture implants can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Patients with conventional dentures have difficulty with speaking clearly. Slurred speech and clicking noises are common problems. Implant-supported dentures can help you relax and talk easily with a more clear and natural voice.
- Best of all, with implant-supported dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.
Learn more about these permanent denture implants at our dentist office —contact our practice today!